Monday, October 8

Dancing to Machaut and Josquin

Tomorrow is the music exam. I spent the last 3 hours revising material of classes I haven't attended for about 4 weeks now.

And it's driving me up the bloody wall.

The Beatles of their time


And I'm to identify the genre, style, purpose, texture etc. of all of the 10 songs. A few problems here:

1. It's all pretty much the same thing
2. It's boring as hell

Anybody else waiting for the bass to drop?



Don't get me wrong, I have respect for the songs and their composers, and I'm sure some music professor or gregorian hipster is going to come screaming "But that's real music, you kids just don't understand!", but that doesn't mean I have to love the music. If I was born 1000 years ago, then sure, this would have been in my iPod, but no, I really hate this music.

Fascinatingly enough, me hating the music so much has actually made me happier. I have never vented my anger at something as much since I arrived at Penn State, and suddenly my dopamine is spiking again. I FEEL SO DAMN HAPPY. 

I'm sorry but the situation just screamed for a cute cat photo


My iPod playlist has never sounded this good before; every note, every lyric just hits the right spot every time. I was dancing around like an idiot on my way back, and I actually TALKED to someone! I actually socialized! I have never been this happy for a long time. Sadly, I know it's not going to last forever, but damn it feels good.

Moral of the story: When in stress, just LET IT OUT. It helps :)

Here's the only the only song I did enjoy, Verdi's Rigoletto la Donna e Mobile, but only because I heard it once in a commercial for a Jamie Oliver show:


Somehow the beard makes his voice much better






No comments:

Post a Comment