Tuesday, October 23

Autumn's Kiss


With the crisp taste of autumn on our lips,
And the smell of tree bark in the air,
We lay still on the earth, our minds adrift,
Under the rays that lined your hair.




The forest is burning up above us,
Red and yellow leaves flaring down from the skies,
But I don't look up at those bare branches,
As I can't stop looking into your eyes.





Forgive me for speaking from my heart,
I am only human like the rest of us fools,
My soul is restless and tired and lonely,
And the only happiness it can find is you.





But you left me a long time ago, you did,
As God loved you more than I ever could,
And when you went, Autumn's kiss was gone too,
Leaving behind just a pile of dead leaves and wood.




Can I ever rediscover the magic of Fall?
That same old spark of beauty and love?
I guess that is for me to find out for once and for all,
As I stand here alone, under those flames up above.





Falling red and yellow leaves line my feet,
As I start to feel Autumn's kiss on my cheek.


note from the author:
Don't judge the poem too hard, I wrote it on a whim




No comments:

Post a Comment