Thursday, November 8

Bloody Breakfast Blend

Yesterday, I had great coffee.

Not one of those lattes that you order ready-made. Instead, I ordered a cup and proceeded to make my own coffee. I took the coffee that promised "bright citrus notes that dance across your tongue, awaken your taste buds and then wash away clean". By golly, did that sound good.

This shit.


Not knowing what to add, I added 3 sweeteners, a bit of half & half milk, and a heck load of nutmeg.

I had no idea what I was doing.

The result was a brilliant, confusing mix of the most unpleasant initial bitterness and the best creamy aftertaste. It was the worst and best coffee I have ever had.

And probably the LAST coffee I am going to ever have. At least for a while.

That night, I couldn't sleep at all, and my throat tasted like dirt all the way through. Blame it on having two cups of coffee in one night, sure, but I've done that before and slept just fine. Nope, I'm going to blame it on the bloody breakfast blend. It's been 8 hours and I still feel like throwing up.

I should stop drinking coffee anyway. I've drank more coffee in the last 5 days than I have ever drank in my 19 years, combined.

On the other hand, in that bout of temporary insomnia, I got all my work done, so I'm ready for Philadelphia.

Yay :D

No comments:

Post a Comment