Tuesday, March 5

The City of Charm

Where do I even start?

I'm in love with Baltimore. There's no other way to put it. The sights, sounds, and people light me up in a way that I have never felt before. I have never felt at home in the States all the time I've been here, and I've been to quite a few places, but I feel at home in Baltimore. The corner ice-cream shop, the dusty music store with the foreign owner, the underground bookstore with the best latte in town, the old man with the golden smile that you befriend after randomly walking into his store, and many the little places you wished you lived - all of these things and more will make you fall in love with Baltimore. And at the same time Baltimore will convince you that it loves you too.



























Sorry for the lack of nice pictures - I didn't have the best lens for the job, and half of the way I got tired of taking pictures and just wanted to enjoy the surroundings without having to take our Mr. Canon every few seconds. But you should know that pictures only speak so much; to experience Baltimore, you must visit Baltimore itself. And make sure to have the crab cakes while you're at it.

Tomorrow I'll be heading out to Washington D.C and I hope mother nature will continue being really nice to me with the gorgeous weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment